Date:      Sun, 08 Feb 2004 11:24:46 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@jennejohn.org>
To:        "Brett Henrich" <bhenrich@deschutes.no-ip.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bandwidth on (manual) demand with i4b

"Brett Henrich" writes:
> If I have a 128Kbps Synchronous PPP ISDN connection, is it possible to
> manually dial and hangup the "slave" channel to switch between a 64 and a
> 128Kbps link. The reason being is that during the day (this is a home ISDN
> connection) I need the second channel open to receive phone calls. At night,
> I can bring up both channels and run the connection at 128Kbps.

The only way to use channel bonding under FreeBSD is with /usr/sbin/ppp.
It may be possible using appropriate labels in /etc/ppp/ppp.conf to
fake this.

For example, have a ``isdn64'' label which only uses one channel and
a ``isdn128'' label which uses both channels. Then you could invoke
ppp like ``ppp isdn64'' or ``ppp isdn128''. Of course, you'd have to
shutdown the single-channel connection first.

I'm no ppp expert, so that's about all I can contribute. See the ppp
man page and the examples under /usr/share/examples/ppp.

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyj[at]jennejohn.org gj[at]freebsd.org gj[at]denx.de