Date:      Sun, 30 May 2004 11:05:42 -0400
From:      Fish <fish@fish-mail.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DWL-650 & Kismet [was Re: Orinoco Wireless Card and MonitorMode w/ Kismet - No Longer Working?]

On Tuesday 25 May 2004 04:01 pm, Alan B. Clegg wrote:
> Out of the ether, Alan B. Clegg spewed forth the following bitstream:
> > I ran kismet (from ports) directly on a 5.2.1 (from ISO) install and
> > it did not display this behavior (I'm working on putting together
> > another system to try to reproduce the problem).
>
> I must be hallucinating, as I've just done a clean re-instll from the
> same media, and it acts the same way, WCPU of kismet_server going to
> 107% (!), the machine going nearly comatose, and networks not being found.
>
> I'm now really confused as to where I need to start looking, as I don't
> have a working reference point.
>
> Can someone that has kismet working correctly run it with stderr pointed
> elsewhere and see if you get the:
>
> "WARNING:  pcap reports link type of EN10MB but we'll fake it on BSD."
>
> message?
>
> Thanks,
> AlanC

I can confirm that I had the same problem as well even after a fresh reinstall
from media and the installation of a few ports and their dependancies -
cvsup, portupgrade, and kismet.

I also have a problem with my new atheros-based card that I'm going to send an
email about in a few minutes, but long story short, it says it's not hopping.

Fish