Date:      Sun, 11 Apr 2004 11:27:11 +0200
From:      "Knocke" <knockefreebsd@o2.pl>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [nwebe] How to track TCP socket variables? (cwnd, ssthresh)

> Yes, the application must use setsockopt() call to enable socket
debugging.
> If an application does not turn it on, you can create a simple library
> which would substitute socket() with socket()+setsockopt(SO_DEBUG) pair,
> and attach it to the application via LD_PRELOAD.

uhmm, ok.
I'd like to check it first on any socket, do you know any network programms
(aplications, benchmarks etc) to open sockets with debug option, or give a
'-'switch to do that?
trpt on my system keeps on saying :

% trpt: /boot/kernel/kernel: no namelist

so probably no sockets are currently SO_DEBUG ready.

hk