Date:      Sun, 15 Aug 2004 13:37:26 +0200
From:      Bartosz Fabianowski <freebsd@chillt.de>
To:        freebsd-openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   openoffice-1.1-devel unable to handle some folder names

After a few days of running openoffice-1.1-devel, I have run into an
issue I've never had with version 1.1.1 (both versions compiled from ports).

The problem is that OOo is unable to handle file or folder names
containing German umlauts, such as "ä", "ö" and "ü". When I drag a file
with an umlaut in its name into OOo, a message box pops up telling me
that the file does not exist. Also, when I'm browsing the directory tree
in the "Open File" dialog, all files and folders containing umlauts are
being shown as zero byte files.

This might be a general OpenOffice.org 1.1.3 issue, or it could be
specific to FreeBSD. That's why I'm posting it here in the hope that
maybe a few people who have non-FreeBSD boxes running OpenOffice.org
could try and see if the same thing happens there as well.

- Bartosz