Date:      Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:09:26 +0100
From:      Gerhard Schmidt <estartu@augusta.de>
To:        max@mail.studiomasson.it
Cc:        freebsd-python@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Plone 2.0.4 and user roles change problem

--9jxsPFA5p3P2qPhR

On Sat, Nov 13, 2004 at 04:50:29PM +0100, Massimo Masson wrote:
> Massimo Masson ha scritto:
> >Hi everibody,
> >I've just upgraded my Plone installation.
> [...]
>=20
> Actually, the problem seems not the upgrade, but the installation.
> I made a new, fresh installation, ad i had the same problems.
>=20
> After a suggestion from the italian ml for zope, i decide to compile=20
> directly from sources (Zope and Plone) and everything worked fine!
>=20
> I'm afraid this could be a port problem (but i haven't understood what).
>=20
> Has anyone similar experiences?
> Some opinions about keeping zope installed from sources instead the ports?

The Problem is that the GRUF Port is out of Date. In The Ports in 3.0B1=20
actual is 3.1.1.=20

I have send a problemreport with an updated port. Have a look at=20
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D73991 for the Patch.=20

I have updated my zope port to 2.7.3 yesterday (sorry for the delay but=20
im quite busy at work right now) and I hope the updated GRUF will make it=
=20
soon to the Ports.

I think there are many advantages when using the Port versions of Zope and=
=20
its Products.=20

Regards=20
    Estartu =20

Gerhard Schmidt    | Nick : estartu      IRC : Estartu  |
Fischbachweg 3     |                                    |  PGP Public Key
86856 Hiltenfingen | Privat: estartu@augusta.de         |   auf Anfrage/

--9jxsPFA5p3P2qPhR

--9jxsPFA5p3P2qPhR--