Date:      Sat, 24 Jul 2004 22:45:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
To:        Jake Hamby <jhamby@anobject.com>
Cc:        freebsd-threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pthread assertion failure in function _lock_acquire

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004, Jake Hamby wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I tried to build MonoDoc-1.0 using the port of mono-1.0 and -current
> (__FreeBSD_version 502123) and got this error right at the beginning of
> the build:
>
> Assertion failed: (lu->lu_myreq->lr_owner == lu), function
> _lock_acquire, file /usr/src/lib/libpthread/sys/lock.c, line 171.
>
> The complete make output is attached below.  My CFLAGS settings are:
>
> CPUTYPE?=p4
> CFLAGS= -O2 -pipe
>
> Any ideas?  I filed this as bug "ports/69404".

Yes, something seems wrong with the application.  It's hitting code
that should never be hit.  We do not use any LCK_PRIORITY locks.
I suspect something is accessing memory after it has been deallocated.

You might also try 'ldd' on the executable to make sure it is only
linked to one threads library, and that it isn't statically allocating
LDTs (look for kernel warnings).

--
Dan Eischen