Date:      Sat, 31 Jul 2004 20:51:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      david me <david19702004@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSd 5.2.1 - Giving up with my ATI card. Please help!

Hi to alls.
4 of my servers are running FreeBSD 4.9 that I love so
much.
Unfortunately I have need GUI on my last server (5th)
and there is no way to make the system working as
KDE.(I have some software requiring GUI to work)

The problem is here:
If I try any LIVE-CD Linux on this server, the graphic
card (ATI RAGE 128 AGP with 32MB) it is working smooth
and perfect. I also tried to install RedHat
8.0/9.0/Fedora 1 and Suse 9.1 and all went ok!
I have KDE/Gnome running smooth!

I love FreeBSd and I need FreeBSD, but when I tried to
configure the X11 (via /stand/sysinstall) always
server return me the error : "XFree86 setup seems
failed...."
If I try to give a 'startx' from console, I have the
following error : "no screen0 found"
But the screen0 is there, in my config file.

I tried to copy the setup details that Redhat/Suse
used for my ATI card into FreeBSD system XFree86config
file without success having same problem comes out.

I don't want here to tell that Linux is working,
because I don't either like/want Linux on my servers.
I want also the 5th Server in BSD.

I know... it's me, for sure... but I don't know WHERE
I mistake!

I give it a try using a S3 SAVAGE AGP 8Mega with the
same result and same error!
At the moment I'm at home so I cannot post the
complete LOG error.

Any idea
Thanks in advance!
David