Date:      Sat, 26 Mar 2005 19:07:16 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.org>
To:        Alexander Chamandy <bsdfreak@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone done a BSD presentation to a Chamber of Commerce etc ?

Alexander Chamandy wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 22:13:03 +0100 (CET), Julian Stacey <jhs@berklix.org> wrote:
> > Anyone done a BSD presentation to a Chamber of Commerce etc ?  (=
> > IHK in Germany), that might be a particularly effective way of
> > advocating BSD to a wide influential group of decision makers ?
> >
> > CNN has a (TV not web) feature on free software in business this
> > week, so a good time to approach business wherever CNN is watched ?
> >
> > -
> > Julian Stacey        Net & Sys Eng Consultant, Munich       http://berklix.com
> >  Mail in Ascii (Html=Spam).  Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz.
> >

> I haven't to an actual Chamber of Commerce, but I have to business
> leaders in the capacity of a consultant.  I think if we could create a
> flexible and in-depth presentation to use with such gatherings, it
would generate a lot of interest.

If anyone has down loadable stuff in eg format OK with
	/usr/ports/misc/magicpoint
I'd grab it & use it.

As I'm British & in Germany, & businesmen aren't techies fluent in
English, it'd be enough work doing the verbal in German, & maybe
translating slides, without actually mastering the presentation
too, so I dont want to master something. (& we only need one person
or team to master, & it should be listed on a central index of
advocacy resources etc)

PS Re. Powerpoint. I wouldn't risk doing the main presentation in
that.  I would be prepared to do a short extra demo presentation
under emulation though, if viable, As suits would also be interested
in ease of use of other MS similar/compat. format & tools etc, such
as PP (Yawn!).

-