Date:      Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:14:02 -0500
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Removal of packages-4.10-release and 4.10-RELEASE ftp-install directory

--=-+2U9qnZinf8gKC6RzpVe

To help ease the disk space use we'll be removing everything related to
4.10-RELEASE from ftp-master except for the ISO files.  It's still a
branch that's being supported by both the Security Officer and Release
Engineering teams (Errata Branch) but we're going to drop the ability to
do FTP-based installs leaving just the ISOs as a means to install it.
By now users are also best off not using the packages as built at the
release time - some have known vulnerabilities and that sort of thing.
It's best if they find a means to update the packages that wind up on
their systems.

I'll do the removal some time this coming weekend so that sites that
like to keep the older versions around have time to make arrangements so
they don't get removed by the next sync from ftp-master.

--=20
                                                Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu
  there, funny things are everywhere.   |