Date:      Sun, 28 Aug 2005 02:20:35 +0200
From:      Steve Clement <steve@ion.lu>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org,  oliver@freebsd.org
Subject:   Courier-IMAP / Courier-*.* ?_ I am lost..

--------------enig76AB1A135E8B38CA627D7D60

The split up might be "nicer" for some people but over here in
Luxembourg I seem to get awfully confused.

I tried the old upgrade to 4.0.4 from 3.x but obviously failed.

Why? Because courier-imap + vchkpw support isn't really working or
rather debugging the problem is a pain as there ain't any debug (or at
least I haven't found the knob...)I

Also there is a: --without-<MODULE> option in authlib / courier-imap
that comes in handy if you wanted to run courier-imap without that silly
authdaemon (I will never get the true point of an authdaemon apart from
making my life a bitch...)

By the looks of it some more people had trouble with it.
One pain was that authlib tried to Mysql auth allthough that wasn't even
compile in and to make it more bizarre only over imap-ssl. (vmysql Mysql
is down error_MysqL was up but obviously no DB in place.)

I am seriously thinking of dropping courier-imap as it doesn't really
prove to be any good with updates...

Has anyone used vpopmail with another IMAP-Server (I will not go back to
Cyrus because of bad saslauthd memories)

I guess this is not too port related but I stumbled upon a few port
odities that need to be fixed or at least explained somewhere. I will
send a seperate mail for that.

This howto was helping a bit:
http://sylvestre.ledru.info/howto/howto_qmail_vpopmail.php

till then,