Date:      Sat, 24 Dec 2005 19:31:52 -0500
From:      Mike Edenfield <kutulu@kutulu.org>
To:        Yuval Levy <yuval_levy@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Postfix 2.2.7, 1 (portupgrade from 2.2.5_1,   1) on FreeBSD 5 stable

Yuval Levy wrote:

> Thank you very much for your support. I think I solved my problem and I
> hope that what I found will help others, so here it is, in painful
> detail, with some questions raised.

> => Attempting to fetch from http://web.onda.com.br/nadal/postfix/VDA/.
> fetch: postfix-2.2.5-vda.patch.gz: local modification time does not
> match remote

This error indicates the real cause of your problem.  It
means that fetch had previously downloaded a portion of the
file in question, but for some reason did not complete the
download.  When it attemps to resume the download it is now
complaining that the remote file has been modified since the
local file was originally fetched, so it cannot resume the
download.  The reason why fetch doesn't do the obvious here
and simply delete the local file and start over is something
I can't answer, but it doesn't.  It skips that download site
and moves on.

> Since it starts to become clear to me that I will not be able to simply
> portupgrade, I tried a radical approach:
>
> cd /usr/ports/mail/postfix
> make distclean

This was actually the correct fix.  You cleaned out whatever
partially downloaded file fetch was complaining about, so
that the next time you ran portupgrade it was able to
re-download the entire file cleanly.  Alternately you could
have simply done:

rm /usr/ports/distfiles/postfix-2.2.5-vda.patch.gz

which is a good first step whenever there is an odd fetch error.

--
-- Mike

Still using IE? Get Firefox!