Date:      Sun, 18 Dec 2005 19:50:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      mdh lists <mdh_lists@yahoo.com>
To:        Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
Cc:        sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X support on an Ultra2 with a creator board

There're a few different UPA Creator card models -
ffb1, ffb2, and ffb2+.  I can confirm that the Xorg
included with FreeBSD 6.0-R supports the ffb1 and
ffb2+ just fine, using the "sunffb" driver in Xorg.
It seems safe to assume that the ffb2 would be fine,
also.  Not sure exactly what the differences are
between the different models.

The pertinent section of my config is as follows

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Card0"
        Driver      "sunffb"
        BusID       "SBUS:/SUNW,ffb@1e,0"
        VendorName  "SUN"
        BoardName   "Sun Creator"
        Screen     0
EndSection

May be a little bit different for you, this is from
the xorg.conf on an Ultra1 system with the ffb1 model
installed in the UPA slot.  System's running just
beautifully in 24bit mode at 1280x1024 on a 20"
Sun-branded Sony monitor.