Date:      Sun, 29 May 2005 17:27:06 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        John Jawed <johnjawed@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New layout concept URL

On 2005-05-28 14:27, John Jawed <johnjawed@gmail.com> wrote:
> Caio,
> I will be gone for the rest of the evening, so I decided to commit
> todays work on the new layout. What I will be doing is putting in a
> new directory for each day I update the layout, please read the
> About the Layout section for more info :)
>
> http://www.johnjawed.com/freebsd-redesign/
>
> It's in it's early stages, so I appreciate all types of critique to
> get a feel of what I'm doing right/wrong.

Not bad look :-)

It does have a few minor points that I didn't really like though:

    - It's too wide.  Reading the current page on a window that is
      800 pixels wide works fine.  This layout results in something
      totally unreadable:

      http://people.freebsd.org/~keramida/files/narrow.png

    - The font sizes are too large.  I'm looking at this on a
      1200x900 desktop, where I usually prefer something like 11px
      fonts.  IMHO, viewing the FreeBSD.org web pages on 800x600
      should Just Work(TM).