Date:      Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:47:36 -0600
From:      "Henry Miller" <hank@blackhole.com>
To:        x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   new port request: Xdmx

Greetings,

I'd like to request that whoever does the x11 server ports for
FreeBSD add a port for Distributed Multihead X=2E  Dmx seems like it
might fit my setup, so I'd like to try it, but I can't get it to
install manually=2E  (I could, I suppose, but I'm afraid of wiping out
the rest of my setup just to make this one thing install)

Some (out of date but still useful) instructions are at
http://dmx=2Esourceforge=2Enet/
DMZ is an option with x=2Eorg (I think Free86 too, but I use xor), see
the site=2Edef file, in theory you just add a line to host=2Edef=2E =20

I played with compiling it manually, but I gave up eventually, in
part because the ports way of installing each part of X separately
(server, nestserver, clients) makes it hard to figure out what
options I need to install just the new parts=2E =20

I think just a simple change to nestserver or the like copied to a
new port should do the trick=2E   I think this is easy for someone who
understands how the X ports work to add=2E