Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2006 16:17:59 -0800
From:      Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Gateworks 2348 support now in HEAD

I just committed the code to make 2348 boards usable.  But there are
some caveats.

1. The npe (wired ethernet) support requires Intel firmware that we
cannot distribute (yet); you must obtain it from the Intel web site if
you don't otherwise have it (e.g. in a Gateworks Linux distribution).

2. The compact flash ide support needs a change to
sys/dev/ata/ata-all.c; roll back that file to rev 1.274.

3. If you want to use ath cards in the minipci slots you'll need to use
a newer hal than what is in CVS.  I believe the tarball at
http://www.freebsd.org/~sam/ath_hal-20060909.tgz will work but am not
sure.  I'm working on getting a known-good version together.

This stuff has mostly been tested booting with an NFS-mounted root
filesystem.  I've placed instructions on how I do this at:

http://www.freebsd.org/~sam/README-gateworks

I believe most of the important stuff is working.  The main thing
missing is read/write to flash.  We're also not fully setup for booting
from compact flash (because redboot does not grok ufs filesystems) but
that's not a big deal as there are several ways to deal with this.

There's still a lot of room for improvement.  It'd be nice if someone
could add the PMC support to help in doing performance tuning.

	Sam