Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2006 05:13:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Priks Rollman <jk_aspet@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   j2me bluetooth app using freebsd bluetooth stack

hi all,

  i was wondering if someone have some experience in developing j2me bluetooth application using  freebsd bluetooth stack and could help me to solve my problem?

  i am running freebsd 6.1 and there is my story....

  my usb bluetooth adapter is recognized by the system, so it's ok here. when i plug it I got the following notification from the system about it:
  >>kernel: ubt0: Broadcom BCM92035DGROM, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 2

  there are also no problem with the bluetooth stack initialization. command '/etc/rc.bluetooth start ubt0' works fine. i execute 'hccontrol -n ubt0hci inquiry' command and i get bt addresses of the  nearest devices.

  the problem start at the moment when i execute a j2me application and try to get a bluetooth address of the local device: 'LocalDevice localDevice =LocalDevice.getLocalDevice();'

  i get the 'javax.bluetooth.BluetoothStateException: JSR082 support is not available.'

  there is the full output:

  >Running with storage root DefaultColorPhone
  >WMAClient: localhost has no IP address: java.net.UnknownHostException: :
  >Warning: Failed to initialize WMA message routing support
  >ClientConnector: localhost has no IP address: java.net.UnknownHostException: :
  >Warning: Failed to initialize Bluetooth (JSR 82) support
  j>avax.bluetooth.BluetoothStateException: JSR082 support is not available.
     > at com.sun.kvem.jsr082.bluetooth.LocalDeviceImpl.<init>(+231)
      >at javax.bluetooth.LocalDevice.getLocalDevice(+72)
      >at bluetooth.MyBluetoothDevice.<init>(+8)
      >at java.lang.Class.runCustomCode(+0)
      >at com.sun.midp.midlet.MIDletState.createMIDlet(+19)
      >at com.sun.midp.midlet.Scheduler.schedule(+52)
      >at com.sun.midp.main.Main.runLocalClass(+28)
      >at com.sun.midp.main.Main.main(+116)

  i searched for the answer or at least any clue at forums, but was not able to find anything. did anyone have faced this problem before or knows what a possible problem is?

  thanx in advance,
  imp