Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 2006 02:25:45 +0000 (UTC)
From:      naddy@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   X11/Cyrillic/Wikipedia--what changed?

A few days ago I noticed that the Russian Wikipedia had actually
become readable in Firefox (well, if I knew the language).  Same
for the other editions in languages that use the Cyrillic alphabet.
By readable I mean that the font choice has been _vastly_ improved.
It went from a very square, painful serif font to a nice, very
readable sansserif.

My setup is a bit unusual.  I run Firefox 1.5 on OpenBSD/amd64
remotely on a FreeBSD 5.5/alpha X11 display.  Stock defaults,
nothing beyond FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic/" to
support Cyrillic.

I wonder what changed.

* There were no significant changes at the Firefox/OpenBSD end.
* Lately I rebuilt various xorg-* ports on the FreeBSD display.
* Or maybe Wikipedia changed their stylesheets.

Anybody else notice this change?