Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 2006 10:12:51 +0100
From:      Divacky Roman <xdivac02@stud.fit.vutbr.cz>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Some background info regarding the COMPAT_43 changes in the linuxolator

On Sat, Mar 18, 2006 at 10:14:32PM +0100, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there's still a COMPAT_43 section in the architecture part of the
> linuxolator. It's in an autogenerated file (linux_proto.h). Without
> COMPAT_43 it seems that unimplemented linux syscalls will not be
> printed to the console anymore. If someone understands
> kern/makesyscalls.sh good enough to remove the ifdef/endif: please send
> patches or commit a fix.

I'll take a look at it...

also... I think once the COMPAT_43 is vanished from linuxolator we can also
remove CMOPAT_43 from GENERIC and (possibly) put COMPAT_43TTY there instead of
it....

COMPAT_43 hurts performance and also the code it ifdefs might not be well
tested etc. definitely a thing to remove  :)

roman