Date:      Sun, 14 May 2006 04:57:59 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Max Laier" <max@love2party.net>
To:        "sekes" <gexlie@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, csjp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: deadlock every 15-20 min

Hi,

On Sat, May 13, 2006 10:45 pm, sekes wrote:
> i found the reason of my unpredictable reboots.
> it is in netgraph.ko module. if i don't let ppp(8) and mpd(8) load module
> system works fine.
> otherwise after a bit of time it hangs up with following error:
>
> WARNING: attempt to net_add_domain(netgraph) after domainfinalize()
> lock order reversal:
>  1st 0xc2b8b090 inp (divinp) @
> /usr/src/sys/modules/ipdivert/../../netinet/ip_divert.c:336
>  2nd 0xc0a44db8 PFil hook read/write mutex (PFil hook read/write mutex) @
> /usr/src/sys/net/pfil.c:73

it looks like you are using pf(4) or ipfw(8) with user/group rules and
haven't read the BUGS section of the respective manual page.  The problem
there is, that user/group rules are basically a layering violation and
thus cause a LOR which might lead to a deadlock.  We are working on a fix
for that, but it might be a couple of weeks before that happens.  Please
do away with the user/group rules for now or enable Giant over the
netstack.