Date:      Sat, 3 Jun 2006 17:49:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@sippysoft.com>
Cc:        "current@freebsd.org" <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Importing iSCSI target from NetBSD

On Mon, 29 May 2006, Maxim Sobolev wrote:

> Scott,
>
> It seems that you aren't aware that Intel/NetBSD implementation is completely
> userland one and it uses any block device/file as backing store (no
> interaction with CAM). Therefore, it won't interfere with whatever work you
> and others do in the CAM area.

For the record, this driver _is_ in-kernel and does attach to CAM, if you
want a comparison point:

ftp://ftp.cs.huji.ac.il/users/danny/freebsd/iscsi-16.tar.bz2

I've compiled a prior version of this and it appears to work, but haven't
run any sort of test with it.

I've wanted to play with iSCSI targets on FreeBSD but have lacked the
requisite test equipment. One of these days I'll get the hour or two I
need to put together a test rig.