Date:      Sat, 25 Nov 2006 22:10:01 -0200
From:      Rainer Alves <rainer.alves@gmail.com>
To:        Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
Cc:        Bill Paul <wpaul@windriver.com>, FreeBSD-CURRENT <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Latest Broadcom NDIS driver requires 4 additional functions

Scot Hetzel wrote:
> I'm trying to upgrade my ndis driver from version 3.100.64.0 to
> 4.40.19.0, but when I try to load the driver I get a Fatal trap 12
> error.
> [...]
> Any ideas as to how to fix memchr, and implement MmGetPhysicalAddress?

My HP dv9000 uses the same broadcom chip, but unfortunately it has a
wifi on/off switch.
Under XP the broadcom chip is correctly activated and the wifi led turns
blue.
However under FreeBSD + NDIS, the led is always red and the chip is
never properly activated.

# kldstat
Id Refs Address            Size     Name
  1    9 0xffffffff80100000 965008   kernel
  2    1 0xffffffffa7283000 84f20    bcmwl564_sys.ko
  3    1 0xffffffffa7308000 71aa     if_ndis.ko
  4    2 0xffffffffa7310000 115a4    ndis.ko

# ifconfig ndis0
ifconfig: interface ndis0 does not exist

I highly doubt it, but perhaps the new driver could solve this? Please
let me know if you're able to fix both memory functions and I'll give it
a try.

Btw, I'm running FreeBSD 6.2/amd64.

--
Rainer Alves