Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2006 13:04:56 +0200
From:      Karsten Brandt <Karsten.Brandt@sick.de>
To:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   ata CD driver

Hello all,

I'm working on the ATA CD driver to increase his performance.

history:

I've tried to use ogle for video playback and it works.
But I can also seen many short breaks during the playback process.
After some test, I've determine the performance of the ATA driver as
bottleneck.

Some days later I could see, that the driver uses many synchronisation
objects of course.
And the use of this synchronisation objects blocks the entire system.
After some refactorings I can see now some prosperities.

But for the complete understand I search informations for the ATA_LOCKING
function.
I can't find a documentation and what I me confused a little bit, I can't
find this function not in the source tree of my FreeBSD.

I work on an upgraded FreeBSD 6.1 and I was very happy for each hint.

Regards,

Karsten