Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2006 10:13:49 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Opinions on interesting VFS calls

Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com> wrote:
 > I'm still tinkering on a vfsstats tool in my spare time, and I've got a
 > few questions for those interested:
 >
 > 1. What are the top ten most interesting vfs calls for statistics purposes?

I'm not sure if this is an answer to your question, but I
would love to be able to get latency statistics from the
I/O system.  For example the average latency for reading,
especially via NFS, but also local disks might be useful.
That is, min/max/average how long processes have to wait
for the NFS server (or for a local disk), in milliseconds
or whatever.  As far as I know, there is currently no way
to get such statistics.

Best regards
   Oliver