Date:      Sat, 20 May 2006 12:16:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jason Arnaute <non_secure@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   feature parity with linux ... perhaps with "filesystem quotas" ?

So I see this article on Slashdot:

http://bsd.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/05/13/0740227

and I notice that same article is referenced now on
the front page of freebsd.org.

Apparently FreeBSD developers are working on
"approaching feature parity with Linux".

Quick Question:

Does this mean that we will have working filesystem
quotas in FreeBSD in the next year or two ?

I've been using the so-called "user and group quotas"
on other operating systems for a long time, and I
think they are very useful.  Can I cast my vote for
the inclusion of working "quotas" in FreeBSD sometime
in the future?

Yes, I realize that "gnome-integration" and "graphical
installation mode" and designing new mascots are much
more important, but ... you know ... filesystem quotas
sure would be nice to have...