Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 2006 00:00:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Stephen J. Roznowski" <sjr@comcast.net>
To:        lapo@lapo.it
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Snapshot corruption on 6.1/amd64

On 13 Nov, Lapo Luchini wrote:

>> James, look at the PR/100365. Supposed fix is MFCed. Original reporter
>> said that this changed nothing for him. I have not much time lately to
>> look at this problem, but would like to get additional data points.

As the submitter of 100365, I still don't think that snapshots on amd64
are working correctly. When I (still) run the code attached to the PR,
I still see a problem -- the problem is that sometimes the filesystem
is busy and mksnap_ffs "errors out" and doesn't create a snapshot. I
spent a little bit of time looking at mksnap_ffs to see if I could get
it to retry the snapshot if the filesystem is busy to no avail.

I've given up on my automated script to do a backup and just generate
(and fsck by hand) a snapshot until I get a working one....

Thanks,
-SR
--
Stephen J. Roznowski    (sjr@comcast.net)