Date:      Sun, 5 Mar 2006 12:17:41 +0100 (CET)
From:      Christian Baer <christian.baer@informatik.uni-dortmund.de>
To:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -p with GELI

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 15:52:58 +0000 RW wrote:

> I currently use the  -p option to avoid all the typing. I'm not too worried
> about ps, but having the passphrase turn-up in a log file is a different
> matter.

Not to my knowledge.

AFAIR -p was only added in gbde for testing purposes, i.e. creating
filesystems for testing and debugging but without making the developer
type in some passphrase all the time.

This is the reason I wanted to be able to pipe a passphrase to geli. I
could use geli in a script and could attach several providers without
having to retype the passphrase five times.

Regards
Chris