Date:      Sun, 3 Dec 2006 19:32:29 +0000
From:      "Alex Bramley" <a.bramley@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Resurrecting a GELI volume

Hi,

First, please CC me in any replies to the list, as I am (temporarily)
off list due to moving jobs.

I accidentally overwrote the metadata of a GELI volume by using geli
init on the wrong device node (never try to do sysadmin tasks when
hungover). I have the correct key and passphrase, and I would like to
know whether it is possible to regain access to my lost data. I have
already tried running init again on the volume with the correct key
and passphrase, but (somewhat unsurprisingly) to no avail. Any
assistance would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Alex