Date:      Sun, 01 Jan 2006 19:59:41 +0100
From:      Roman Dewald <romad@gmx.de>
To:        lvcargnini@ieee.org
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dlink DWL-G520+

> Hi i have an Dlink DWL-G520+ as following:
> ndis0@pci0:9:0: class=0x028000 card=0x3b041186 chip=0x9066104c rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
>     vendor   = 'Texas Instruments (TI)'
>     device   = 'TNETW1130(ACX111) 802.11b/g Wireless Cardbus/PCI Adapter'
>     class    = network
> but it isn't working well, someone knows if exist an native driver or
> how i must proceed (walktrhough) to put this net device to work
I have had problems with this card and ndis driver under 5.4 Release. I
upgraded my system to the 6.0 Release and it worked fine.

To get the driver working, you have first to bild a module for the
FreeBSD kernel from Windows drivers supplied with your card.
I used ndisgen to convert the driver. You will get some files after the
conversion you will a couple of files.
Then you can load the converted module with kldload +absolute path to
the converted module. You can check dmesg to ensure the module was
loaded successfully. You will see something like that:

ndis0: <D-Link AirPlus G+ DWL-G520+ Wireless PCI Adapter> mem
0xcfffa000-0xcfffbfff,0xcffc0000-0xcffdffff irq 19 at device 11.0 on
pci0

Afterwards you have to load the wlan_wep module to get the wep
encryption working.
Now you can configure the network settings with ifconfig.

Roman