Date:      Thu, 6 Jul 2006 17:15:32 -0400
From:      "Jason E. Hale" <bsdkaffee@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Microsoft wireless mouse detected as uhid, not ums

I have a Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 and I cannot get it=
 to=20
be recognized as a ums device on FreeBSD 6.1.  I have a Logitech wireless U=
SB=20
mouse and it works fine.  The MS mouse gets detected as a uhid device only.

=46rom dmesg:
uhid0: Microsoft Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse\M-. 1.00, rev 2.00/0.07,=
=20
addr 3

=46rom usbdevs -v:
Controller /dev/usb3:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000),=20
Intel(0x0000), rev 1.00
 port 1 addr 3: low speed, power 100 mA, config 1, Microsoft Wireless Optic=
al=20
Mouse=AE 1.00(0x00e1), Microsoft(0x045e), rev 0.07

I tried adding the mouse to src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs like this:
product MICROSOFT WNOM3000      0x00e1  Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000

Then specifying it in usb_quirks.c to not be picked up by uhid:
 { USB_VENDOR_MICROSOFT, USB_PRODUCT_MICROSOFT_WNOM3000,
        ANY, { UQ_HID_IGNORE }},
=20
After doing that, the mouse gets detected as a ugen device.

I am not sure what else to do.  Does anyone have any patches or know how to=
=20
get this mouse to work?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

=2D Jason E. Hale