Date:      Sat, 21 Oct 2006 20:26:50 -0400
From:      "Constantine A. Murenin" <mureninc@gmail.com>
To:        "Alexey Bobok" <sj@ukrintell.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intell Wireless 3945 driver

On 11/10/06, Alexey Bobok <sj@ukrintell.net> wrote:
> Hello.
> I have bought a laptop Dell Latitude d820 with Intel Wireless Pro 3945 card.
> I've tried to install /usr/ports/net/ipw-firmware   and then
> kldload -v if_ipw
> ipwcontrol -i ipw0 -f /boot/firmware/ipw.fw
> and get the error:
> ipwcontrol: Can't load /boot/firmware/ipw.fw to driver: Device not configured
> the problem is that I even don't see any messages about this device in dmesg.
> is there any solution? ) thanks

Hi Alexey,

Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG is supported by wpi(4) only, see
<URL:http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=wpi>.

damien@ develops ipw(4), iwi(4) and wpi(4), but unfortunately, he no
longer works with FreeBSD and thus has no plans on porting wpi(4) to
FreeBSD, see http://kerneltrap.org/node/6497.

Cheers,
Constantine.