Date:      Mon, 16 Oct 2006 08:11:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      ranjith kumar <ranjith_kumar_b4u@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ia32@freebsd.org
Subject:   hard-ware prefetching

Hi everyone,
             I am new to this mailing list.

I have just started reading about architectural
features of "pentium-4".

I have following questions:

1) I have read "IA-32 software developers manuals".
   No information has been given about hardware
prefetching.
   Can anyone suggest some material which explains
more details about "hardware prefetching" (pentium4 if
possible).

2) This is a non-technical question.
  Does Intel company reveals all details about its
processors(say pentium-4) like what is the exact
dynamic branching algorithm used to predict
conditional branches...etc?

Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.