Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 2006 08:37:26 -0500
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Tyrone@telecity.se
Cc:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: udp packet problem

Tyrone@telecity.se wrote:
> We have a Freebsd 5.4 router doing traffic shaping on a vlan interface.
>
> Problem is we can't receive UDP packets larger than 2K is this a
> limitation or a setting within IPFW?

You can't send UDP packets larger than the interface MTU without fragmenting
them, and it's possible that your IPFW ruleset is blocking such traffic.

Why are you trying to send large UDP packets?

> DISCLAIMER
> This e-mail is intended only for the use of the addressees named above
> and may be confidential.  [ ... ]

So much for disclaimers.  :-)
I assume you don't have a choice, otherwise you'd get rid of it...?

--
-Chuck