Date:      Sat, 1 Apr 2006 20:27:10 -0600
From:      "Derrick T. Woolworth" <dwoolworth@gmail.com>
To:        "Jorge Evangelista" <netsecuredata@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem sometimes Freebsd crash

You can edit kernel parameters in /etc/sysctl.conf and in
/boot/loader.conf.  You typically enter setting changes in /boot/loader.con=
when the values can only be set at boot time or as the kernel is being
loaded.  Things like setting shared memory sizes, nmbclusters, etc. are bes=
put in /boot/loader.conf and typically you'll receive a warning in
/var/log/messages if you place a setting change in /etc/sysctl.conf that
really belongs in /boot/loader.conf.

However, what I was wondering is if you used the kernel that comes with
bwmgr - the kernel that Emerging Technologies provides or if you kept the
GENERIC kernel that comes with the typical FreeBSD installation.  It might
be best to use ET's kernel as it probably was compiled with the appropriate
mbuf settings and nmbclusters, etc.

One last consideration - if you adjust the size of nmbclusters in your
/boot/loader.conf file, sometimes you need to increase the size of some
other settings.  What settings have you set in /etc/sysctl.conf and/or
/boot/loader.conf ?