Date:      Sat, 11 Nov 2006 21:36:59 +0300
From:      "Marat N.Afanasyev" <amarat@ksu.ru>
To:        freebsd-performance@freebsd.org
Subject:   trouble with mysql replica and 3ware 9590 RAID controller

Hello!

I've encountered a trouble with very low performance of mysql replica on
9590SE controller. as replica, mysql performs only updates and no
selects at all, but I cannot be satisfied by performance of this
replica, because of 100% busy of disk array with about 3-4 MBytes/s
activity, e.g. iostat -x:

                         extended device statistics
device     r/s   w/s    kr/s    kw/s wait svc_t  %b
da0       55.5  78.9   928.1  2047.6    1 108.0  98

and more sadly, disk wait time increases sometimes to 300 seconds and more.

I've made NCQ on, changed strategy to perfom, but nothing helps. If I
stop mysql, then I can write about 30-40 MBytes per second to this array
(raid 1)

And I should say that this replica worked just fine on slackware with p3
866 and IDE disks.

Mysql version is 4.0.27, twa firmware is 3.04.01.010

--
SY, Marat