Date:      Thu, 23 Feb 2006 18:58:45 -0800
From:      "Kevin D. Casey" <kevin@kdcasey.net>
To:        <freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org>
Subject:   HP ML150 G2 with Adaptec AIC 7901x

I tried to install FreeBSD 6.0 on a new HP Proliant ML150 G2 but the =
installer times out while trying to detect the SCSI adapter. The =
installer returns a long message ending with the text "Dump Card State =
Ends" repeatedly in an endless loop. This unit comes with a 64-bit =
single channel HP-branded adapter that uses the Adaptec AIC7901x chip so =
it should be supported with the ahd driver. HP does not provide any =
updated BIOS firmware for the card however I did flash the mainboard =
BIOS just in case. When I run the installer in safe mode I don't get the =
error and fdisk seems to have no problem building the file system, but =
since it's in safe mode it can't access any external media so the =
installation fails. I would like to know if anyone has experience with =
this issue or can recommend a workaround. Thank you in advance.
--
Kevin D. Casey
kevin@kdcasey.net