Date:      Thu, 25 May 2006 17:08:54 +0800
From:      Stuart Sanders <stuart@conducive.org>
To:        freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org
Subject:   HP Proliant ML350-G4P and hpasmcli

Hi

Bought our first "branded" server recently (HP Proliant ML350-G4P) and
have been putting it through its paces.  Its a nice bit of kit, and I
particularly like the iLO remcons ability for complete remote management.

What of course would be nice is to be able to hook to the onboard
sensors etc, and was just wondering whether the ML350-G4P supports use
of the hpasmcli tool.

I tried installing it but get the message
   ERROR: hpasmcli only runs on HP hardware.

Is there any other method of monitoring temperature etc in FreeBSD for
this server?  Since hpasm was last updated over a year ago I don't know
whether that means its older than the server model we bought, or whether
the model we bought simply doesn't have the features.

Anyone know what of currently available models sold by HP are supported
by the hpasm utility?  We will probably need more servers soonish and it
makes sense to consider models that are supported.  (assuming we go for HP)

Stuart