Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2006 12:50:08 +0100
From:      Per olof Ljungmark <peo@intersonic.se>
To:        freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org
Subject:   hpasmcli dead finally?

Hi all,

We have hpasm installed on several HP/Compaq's using compat5x and
tricking the installer to believe it's on a supported version of FBSD.

However, with latest -CURRENT (since about a month I think) I cannot
access hpasmcli, it gives me:

SetupChannel() msgget: Permission denied
ERROR: Could not communicate with hpasmd.

Anyone out there who has a clue to what is going on? Perhaps it's some
new feature of the OS I missed? It seems like hpasm works at least
partly, the fan speed is reduced from 100% to low speed as soon as hpasm
is loaded.

Per olof