Date:      Sat, 28 Oct 2006 18:36:33 -0700
From:      "Matthew Jacob" <lydianconcepts@gmail.com>
To:        "Danny Braniss" <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CAM_NEW_TRAN

Documentation:

Not really. There really is very little documentation about CAM in
FreeBSD. The best documentation is the code, followed closely by
asking the opinion of all who develop within the framework about what
*they* think something means.

The switch to CAM_NEW_TRAN_CODE is way overdue. It's been around now
for years and was an attempt to make the CAM layer more accomodating
of different types of transports and protocols.

iSCSI:
I don't know - I haven't played with your iSCSI driver yet. I would
actually expect things to be substantially easier as you can then make
iSCSI a transport protocol and do transport specific things within it
which are awkward otherwise.