Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2006 16:32:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Peter Thoenen <eol1@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   OPIE + single user mode

Hallo all,

Have a problem and while OPIE seems to be the solution, not sure it
will work.  The issue here is the only way I can access my remote box
in single user mode is via telnetting to a termserv I have setup that
connects to the FBSD servers serial port.  Problem of course being that
to log on to FBSD in single user mode I have to provide the root
password in the clear.

What I would like to do is force single user root logon to use OPIE (or
even better, just single user root, NOT multiuser root or via su)

Prob is I can't find any syntax that supports this and OPIE seems only
for access via the network (man opieaccess) .. not actually console or
physical server access.  Ideas?

-Peter