Date:      Sun, 8 Jul 2007 13:30:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFSv4 patch for FreeBSD-current

Just fyi, I've put a patch up on the ftp site for FreeBSD-current. It uses
newer server code intended to be more portable and only grabs Giant if the
underlying local FS requires it. I believe it is SMP safe. If you are
interested, it is in ftp.cis.uoguelph.ca/pub/nfsv4/FreeBSD-CURRENT.
The patch is against the May 2007 snapshot kernel, but hopefully "patch"
can apply it for a while. Please let me know if the patch no longer works.
(This newer server code will be in the next OpenBSD patch I generate and
  is mostly ported to Darwin/Mac OS X.)

Have fun with it, rick