Date:      Sun, 30 Sep 2007 20:54:05 -0700
From:      Greg Adams <grizzada@california.com>
To:        "freebsd-i386@freebsd.org" <freebsd-i386@freebsd.org>
Subject:   HP Pavilion N5270 video setup

Hi All,

I've been all over the I.N. looking for an answer.  HP offers no
solution.  As well as all others.  The video card is a S3 Savage IX (no
longer in biz) and the Models' LCD has no brand offered.  The screen for
video setup FreeBSD offers Legacy CRT settings only (no LCD call outs).
I am attempting to set up for 1024x768 res screen for X11.  The only
hint is a (60hz) referenced at the in the 1024x768 XP screen advanced
setup deal.

I purchased the 5.2.1 FreeBSD package w/manual.  Would really like to
run this guy on my laptop.  Can anyone offer some help.  When  I've paid
this much for an O.S. I really was in hope of a smooth install.  I know
this is an all volunteer organization, otherwise I'd be steaming.
Still, perhaps it is true, "expectations are premeditated resentments".

Can any one offer any real help or suggestions.  I really do not want to
burn up my screen, therefore I'd like more than, 'Well, you could try
this (or that)'.

Thx in advance,
Grizz