Date:      Sun, 26 Aug 2007 12:08:23 +0200
From:      "[LoN]Kamikaze" <LoN_Kamikaze@gmx.de>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, ports-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [ports-amd64@freebsd.org: freehdl-0.0.4_1 failed on amd64 7]

Kris Kennaway wrote:
> FYI; can you please investigate and/or report to the developers?  If
> you are already aware of this problem but do not yet have a fix,
> please mark the port BROKEN in the appropriate case, so that users do
> not unexpectedly encounter it.
>
> See http://pointyhat.freebsd.org for the full log.
>
> Thanks,
> Kris

I cannot find a PR about this. So I'm just replying to the mail.

The problem only appears when the gcc4 branch is used. The freehdl developers
as well as me are mystified, because the gcc output does not contain any hints
about the nature of the problem.

I didn't find a way to check the gcc version in bsd.gcc.mk, so I don't know how
to mark it broken properly.

I had something like:

.if GCC_VERSION >= 40
BROKEN= gcc3 branch required