Date:      Thu, 26 Apr 2007 09:44:32 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=D8ystein_Kaldhol?= <Oystein.Kaldhol@mrfylke.no>
To:        "Francesco Comi" <frankk.ml@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ad: Proliant ML115 compatible?

owner-freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org wrote on 16.04.2007 16:09:37:

> I'm going to buy an HP Proliant server ML115. This is the exact model:
> http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/sm/WF06b/

521-525-358265-358265-12083521-13153988-80068674.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_UKEN

> I'm wonderint particularly if the raid controller and the network
ethernet
> controller will work fine with FreeBSD 6.2

While we haven't tested this series in particular, we have tested the
ML350 and the DL360(G4p) and DL380(G4). Both the network controllers and
the raid controllers are detected and work fine.

There is one caveat, and that is the fact that we have experienced
deadlocks on these machines under high network stress, as discussed on
this mailinglist earlier. Wether this is a driver problem related to the
NIC, or some generic problem in the 6.1 and 6.2 kernels under high network
load(we typically have 100k+ states in pf simultaneously) is uncertain at
the moment. With more normal load, and in other roles than the router/fw
role, the servers perform as expected.

brgrds
Oystein Kaldhol
BOFH-in training