Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2007 10:53:50 -0700
From:      Lionel Garth Jones <lgj@usenix.org>
To:        freebsd-user-groups@freebsd.org
Subject:   USENIX '07 Registration Now Available

2007 USENIX Annual Technical Conference
June 17-22, 2006, Santa Clara, CA
Early Bird Registration Deadline: June 1, 2007
http://www.usenix.org/usenix07/proga

Dear Colleague,

We're pleased to invite you to attend the 2007 USENIX Annual Technical
Conference. This year we're offering 6 days of training running
alongside a 3-day conference program filled with the latest research,
security breakthroughs, and practical approaches to the questions and
problems you wrestle with. You'll also have many opportunities to chat
with peers who share your concerns and interests.

Training: Sunday-Friday, June 17-22, 2007
The 6-day training program at USENIX '07 provides in-depth and
immediately useful training on the latest techniques, effective tools,
and best strategies, including:

* Richard Bejtlich on TCP/IP Weapons School, Layers 2-3
* Peter Baer Galvin on Solaris 10 Security Features
* AEleen Frisch on Administering Linux in Production Environments
* Steve VanDevender on High-Capacity Email System Design

New in 2007: SANS at USENIX Annual Tech. In addition to the top-notch
USENIX training, we're partnering with the SANS Institute to offer two
6-day security classes:

* SANS Security 504: Hacker Techniques, Exploits, and Incident Handling
* SANS Security 617: Assessing and Securing Wireless Networks

Technical Sessions: Wednesday-Friday, June 20-22, 2007
The 3-day technical program begins with the keynote address by Mendel
Rosenblum of Stanford University, “The Impact of Virtualization on
Computing Systems,” and includes other noteworthy invited talks, such
as:

* Plenary Closing Session by Mary Lou Jepsen, One Laptop per Child,
“Crossing the Digital Divide: The Latest Efforts from One Laptop per
Child”
* Gary McGraw, Cigital, “Exploiting Online Games”
* Rob Lanphier, Linden Lab, "Second Life"
* Luis Von Ahn, Carnegie Mellon University, "Human Computation"

The USENIX '07 Refereed Papers Track is the premier forum for presenting
the latest in groundbreaking research. Be among the first to check out
the latest innovative work on the problems you most need solved.

Finally, don't miss the opportunity to pose your toughest questions to
the experts in the Guru Is In sessions. Mingle with colleagues and
leading experts in the Birds-of-a-Feather sessions and at the various
evening social events, including a Reception & Poster Session, vendor
sessions, and a Conference Reception.

USENIX '07 promises to be an exciting showcase for the latest in
innovative research and cutting-edge practices in technology. We look
forward to seeing you in Santa Clara.

On behalf of the USENIX '07 organizers,

Jeff Chase, Duke University
Srinivasan Seshan, Carnegie Mellon University

USENIX '07 Program Co-Chairs
usenix07chairs@usenix.org