Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 2009 02:53:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth <kennethcf@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Cc:        Jules Gilbert <jules.stocks@gmail.com>
Subject:   nVidia SYSCONS Problem on Compaq Presario CQ60

Can anyone help with a syscons error when loading the screen saver on boot up (yes, I know I don't need it if I use X, but I would like to get it working)?

The error looks like...
Configuring syscons: keyrate blanktime screensaver module_register_init: MOD_LOAD (rain_saver, 0xc709a7a0, 0) error 19

I have a Compaq Presario CQ60 running freeBSD 7.2 from a 4G usb drive.

My Compaq has a GeForce 8200m G on vgapci0.
#dmesg | grep nvidia
vgapci0: child nvidia0 requested pci_enable_busmaster
vgapci0: child nvidia0 requested pci_enable_io
nvidia0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
nvidia0: [ITHREAD]

And my /boot/loader.conf has...
nvidia_load="YES"  (just recently built..pkg_info says "nvidia-driver-185.18.29")

And my /etc/rc.conf has (among other things)...
blanktime="300"
saver="rain"
hald_enable="YES"
dbus_enable="YES"

Let me know, and I'll send whatever information you need.