Date:      Mon, 28 Sep 2009 11:51:57 -0700
From:      Bakul Shah <bakul@bitblocks.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   file/backup server

Not sure what is the right group for this kind of query but
perhaps people on this group has had similar need.  I'd like
to give freebsd guys a first shot hence a freebsd group.

I am looking for a vendor who will supply a small
number of fileservers but mainly for backing up a few TB of
data (exact number not yet known). These will be used in
various sites. I am envisioning one or two zfs based system.
One is on all the time and provides some shared storage and
at least nightly backups.  The other is used to sync with the
first one and but not used otherwise -- used sort of like a
tape drive (since they don't seem to scale to TB size backups
without spending lots of money). zfs since it will allow me
to grow storage seamlessly and raidz2 ought to be good
enough.  Other ideas are possible. If you know of a vendor or
are one, please contact me privately.  Please include me in
the cc list in case you wish to reply to the group.

Thanks!

-- bakul