Date:      Sat, 24 Jan 2009 16:01:28 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: portmaster: But really -- cairo's installed!

Garrett Cooper wrote:
> Here's a bit more confusion from portmaster through the xorg upgrade
> (saw it scroll by the screen ~ 4 times upgrading some packages):
>
> 	===>>> @pkgdep cairo-1.8.6,1 is listed as a dependency
> 	===>>> but there is no installed version

I only need one example. :)

> [root@orangebox /usr/ports/x11/dri2proto]# ls /var/db/pkg/cairo-1.8.6,1/
> +COMMENT	+CONTENTS	+DESC		+MTREE_DIRS	+REQUIRED_BY
>
>     Has this been seen before?

The code to detect an installed port is very simple, and relies on the
ORIGIN being correctly recorded in +CONTENTS. Can you look for a line
like this in the cairo +CONTENTS file: @comment ORIGIN:

If that line is there, please send me a copy of the +CONTENTS file and
I'll try to figure out what's going wrong here. If it's not there, you
have your answer.

Doug