Date:      Mon, 11 Oct 2010 08:14:42 GMT
From:      Rene <rene.stesl@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   amd64/151385: Installation hangs on MacBook

>Number:         151385
>Category:       amd64
>Synopsis:       Installation hangs on MacBook
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I have tried to install FreeBSD 8.1 Release for amd64 on my 13.3" Unibody MacBook with Core2Duo.
When I boot the install CD, it starts printing hardware information and appears to freeze at:
acpi0: <APPLE Apple00> on motherboard
>How-To-Repeat:
Boot the Installation CD (ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/ISO-IMAGES/8.1/FreeBSD-8.1-RELEASE-amd64-disc1.iso) on an 13.3" Aluminum MacBook (newer models are now named MacBook Pro). My MacBook is has a nVidia GPU and an Intel Core2Duo Processor with 2Ghz.
>Fix:
It seems like other Users already had the same Problem:

The MacBook Wiki (http://wiki.freebsd.org/AppleMacbook) provides a solution:
If your system stops early at boot, try reverting r189055: http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base?v...evision=189055

But how can someone revert this revision if he has no PC running FreeBSD?
And i don't know if this is the final solution.