Date:      Mon, 18 Jul 2011 16:26:50 +0530
From:      satish kondapalli <nitw.satish@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Free BSD support for armv7.

Hi,

I am trying to compile Freebsd  for ARMv7  architecture. I compiled the
kernel with the following option in my conf file.
makeoptions     CONF_CFLAGS="-march=armv7"

In the compilation time i got the following error.
head/sys/arm/arm/genassym.c:1: error: bad value (armv7) for -march= switch.

I am new to FreeBSD, can anyone explain what i need to do  in my case.
My gcc compiler info:
# gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: i386-undermydesk-freebsd
Configured with: FreeBSD/i386 system compiler
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.2.1 20070719  [FreeBSD]

Thanks
Sateesh