Date:      Sat, 15 Jan 2011 20:46:35 -0700
From:      Cameron Tune <cameron@camerontune.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with Highpoint 2320 Raid card

Last month I purchased a Highpoint 2320 raid card, =
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=3DN82E16816115026 , for =
my FreeBSD server.  I'm new to the FreeBSD world - so please bear with =
me as I try to solve the following issue.

With the card installed - the server hangs during the boot process.  I =
don't even get to the standard FreeBSD boot menus (loader prompt, =
single-user mode, etc.), rather the freeze occurs after a "console" =
message and then a listing of physical disks.  A picture of where the =
hang occurs is at http://www.camerontune.com/images/photo.jpg .=20

As far as I can tell this card is supported on FreeBSD (running 8.1 =
STABLE i386).  I've updated the motherboard bios, and have also monkeyed =
around with just about every possible setting in the card's bios.  =
Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P.

I've combed through every possible log I can find in /var/logs - but I'm =
not finding anything that starts this early in the boot process.  I've =
also ensured that all drivers are present and loaded in loader.conf - =
however I don't think I'm even getting to the point of drivers being =
loaded.

Any thoughts are appreciated - and please let me know if there's any =
additional information I can provide that may help diagnose the problem.=